0

Assessment 1

Posted by Nikki on 6:00 PM in
So here it is, my first project along with the finished product.


Fairly straightforward. Got rid of all the rips and damage to the picture with Clone Stamp, then marquee tool'd the left ear onto the right ear, forgetting to check the shadow of the right ear so I could fix it up later. RARGH.


Then because I'm extremely picky, I got rid of all the spots in the background that were bugging me, as well as High Passed to make the image sharper.



Fixed up the lighting using Levels and Curves, though I might have gone a little crazy with the Levels. The colours turned out really sharp, which I didn't realise till now. Eh well. Melded in the ear too, because it doesn't do to leave a subject with a dodgily photoshop'd ear.


Finally, masks and colours. Put on a solid colour fill layer, masked it, then started brushing in the bits I wanted. Changed the colour blend to 'Colour' so the layer sat naturally over the image instead of covering anything.


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just your average young adult with anger management issues that are equally tempered and inflamed by the wonderful interwebz.

Copyright © 2009 Truthiness All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.